Thursday, September 20, 2007

Geeky girlz

So, a few months ago I found out about a cool conference going on right here in Mountain View, CA - really close to the Mozilla offices. It's called She's Geeky: A Women's Tech (un)conference.

I've been working at Mozilla for almost 6 months now. I often get asked about what it's like to be a woman in a largely male office. It's actually quite funny. I started my career working in the IT department, wearing jeans to work and crawling under desks to sort out cables. Then I started working in a PR firm and started wearing skirts and suits and calling the IT guy whenever things broke. Now I wear jeans, crawl under my desk and still manage to bug the IT guy a fair amount.

Anyway, I think this should be an interesting event and look forward to connecting with other women in open source.

She's Geeky: A Women's Tech (un)Conference
October 22-23 in Mountain View, CA
http://www.shesgeeky.org

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another event you might want to check out is the Women in Open Source mini-conference hosted by the SoCal Linux Expo. This event will occur on February 8th, 2008 in Los Angeles, CA. More Info.