Monday, January 22, 2007

Weird things on my stoop

So, I've decided to start blogging about the weird things I find on my front stoop on a daily basis. I live in a neighborhood that seems to attract crazy people and weirdassshit and my stoop has a magnetic pull for all of it.

Tonight, I came home from work to find that an obviously high homeless person had attached a kitten on a leash to my front door. No seriously. I'm not joking. A tiny black kitten on a leash was attached to my front door. So I ask the guy, "Scuse me. Is this your cat?" and he says, "Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. I just put it there while I'm doing my laundry next door." This is complete and total bullshit because this guy is obviously not doing laundry but whatever. I have begun to think that the laundry mat is just a front for the drug running that goes on in the area.

Other things I have found on my stoop before I decided to start blogging about them on a daily basis:
one homeless man who curled himself into a ball and tried to tuck himself under my bedroom window on a rainy night, random packages of cheeze doodles, leftover parts of burritos, meth addicts scoring a fix, day laborers drinking beers, obnoxious hipsters smoking cigarettes, obnoxious hipsters screaming at the top of their lungs at 3am, a group of 12 or so teenagers wearing gang colors and smoking blunts in full view of the THREE cameras that are on my corner. I politely suggested that they smoke their blunts away from the cameras and they thanked me.

So, I'll try to keep this going as long as I can. I promise that there's no shortage of weirdassshit going on in front of my house.

No comments: